WHO’S THAT GIRL?
Accepting. Compassionate. Joyful. Fun. Caring. Driven. Energetic. Positive.
These are all words that my close friends and family used to describe me in one word. It’s kinda cool to hear what others think about you, and it honestly changes how you look at yourself!
Now, who am I?
I am Carly. I am a wife, mom, business owner, and Daughter of the King.
- I was born and raised in San Diego
- I have two siblings
- I graduated from California Baptist University with my degree in Psychology and Sociology
- I met Luke while attending CBU (We started dating in 2011)
- I married Luke in February 2016
- I graduated with my Masters in Psychology in 2016
- Worked as a nanny and behavioral therapist
- Had Henley in August 2018
- I attend Praise Chapel Bell Gardens which has been the biggest blessing to me and my family!
- Surrogacy Journey 2019-2020 (giving birth any day to a baby boy for an amazing family)
- I blog about Motherhood, Mom Style, Kid Style, Home Decor
- I live off coffee & dry shampoo
- I live in high waist mom jeans & cute tops
I started this blog in 2018 when I found out I was pregnant with Henley, and I never thought it would transform into what it is today. Blogging and Instagram has been such a fun outlet for me. It has brought me so much joy and has been a place for me to learn, create, and share. I have also met so many other mommas & boss babes through the platform, and have grown to learn SO much about myself over the years!
WHAT I DO:
First and foremost, I am a momma! Our daughter Henley was born August 2018, and has been the best part of me ever since! Before having Henley, I worked full as a nanny for a little boy with Autism. In this position is where I learned how much I loved not only nannying, but working with kids with Autism. It was a way to pair what I went to school for (Masters in Psychology) as well as my love for helping kids, and working with families.
After Henley was born, I started working with a new family part time. I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with her most days, and I’ve learned how much I do love going to work those two days! I get to do what I love, but also get a small “mom” break. It keeps me refreshed and in my opinion, a better mom!
This year (2020) I launched my own Nanny Agency business “Henley Rae Agency” (IG: Henley Rae Agency) HRA is a boutique nanny agency that helps place nannies with families in Southern CA, and I specialize in families with neuro-diverse children. I love helping families and nannies find their “perfect match.”
This year has also brought me through the journey of surrogacy. You can read more about my why HERE!
I am now settling into the role of mom & business owner, and feeling like I am learning an entire new world! Feeling challenged and accomplishing things I never thought I would! I love supporting other amazing boss babes and surviving motherhood with other strong mommas! Reach out to me if you want to connect!
Now that you have learned all about ME and my WHY. Check Out these other amazing women & their blogs! Simply click on their photo below to be directed to their blogs or click the link to check out their Instagram!
FOLLOW ME OVER ON INSTA!
Jesus + Self-Confidence + Style + Coffee
BLOG | SHOP | LINKS ⬇️